25.6.10

H2O4K9 Water Bottle Review


As the weather heats up, it's very important to have water available for your furballs.  And when it comes to doggie outdoor hydration, there is nothing better than the H204K9 water bottle.  I picked one up at the Toronto All About Pets Show and loved it.  Well worth the $20 I paid for it. Unfortunately, someone at the dog park loved it too, and it disappeared from the bench while we were playing fetch.   When I contacted the company for information on who carries these bottles in my area, they were super sweet and sent me a replacement!  And I got to pick a color - pink of course.  They also sent the neoprene sling for carrying.  YAY!

I have been using this bottle almost every day for the last month or so, and we love it.  My dogs really like drinking from it, I don't waste as much water as I did with other water bottles, and the drinking vessel is built right into the cap, so I don't have to carry any extra pieces.  And the whole thing is stainless steel, so I don't have to worry about BPAs or any other plastic nasties contaminating the girls' water.  It even comes with a carabiner, which I use to hang the bottle from my Timbuk2 dog park bag.

Here is Amelia, having a drink at the dog park.  
 The cap actually holds a good amount of water, so you don't have to keep refilling it.  And the sides keep the water contained so the dog doesn't slosh it around.  We don't waste as much water with the H204K9 as we did with a standard sports water bottle.  Nothing more annoying than carrying fresh water only to have it end up on the trail.

And whatever water is left, is easily transferred from the cap back into the bottle.

There is a gasket in the lid that keeps the water in the bottle and not all over your stuff.  I have not had any problems with leakage, even when I've had some sand stuck in the lid.

The neoprene sling is very comfortable for carrying the bottle around and still have your hands free for fetch.  The neoprene is very soft, and the strap is adjustable, so it's very comfy.  It's also great for carrying a standard bottle of water and some sunscreen, as we found out on our last trip to the forest. 

My sister joined us, but forgot to bring her own water.  Didn't bring sunscreen.  And didn't bring a pack.  Dummeh!  So we hooked her up with a water bottle, a tube of sunscreen, and the sling.  A nice walk in the woods, and not a single complaint about it being uncomfortable, or rubbing, or anything.  And she's high maintenance, so if it wasn't comfy, we'd hear about it.  Probably more than once.
 
So if you're in the market for a bottle that your dog can drink from, then pick up a H204K9 bottle.  I think you and your furry friends will like it as much as we do.  And if you don't carry a bag at the dog park, the sling is great for carrying the bottle and keeping your hands free.

It was so hot today that we had to stop so everyone could lie on the cool sand in the shade for a bit.
 
 Hey internet people, don't judge!  Chasing squirrels and chipmunks all over the forest ain't easy, especially when it's hot!

10 comments:

pibble said...

LOVE that last picture!

Well, it looks like they've finally invented a water bottle for dogs that works. Thanks for the review!

Felissa Hadas said...

Looks like a great way to make sure you have water with you on your adventures. Thanks for joining the Blog Hop. Hope you have lots of great adventures this weekend.

Davinia and Indiana
www.twolittlecavaliers.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Blog hopping! That water bottle looks like a major improvement over one I had for one of my past dogs. That bottle had a flip down drinking tray and you had to squeeze the bottle to get the water into the tray. Not fun or easily accomplished.

Road Dog Tales said...

Hop hop hop. That looks like a great place for a hike!

The Road Dogs

Moxie Paws said...

Thanks for changing settings! So great meeting new bloggers through this Hop. Love your blog! Very cool and innovative water bottle for pooches. It is so important for furry pals to be hydrated! Cheers!

The Daily Pip said...

What a great invention! I think I need one as I am always thirsty - not that I spend much time chasing squirrels through the forest!

Happy blog hop! Hope we can be friends.

Your pal, Mr. Pip

Ashley and Prudence said...

Hi from the Blog Hop!

I think I have the same water bottle drink container that Muchadoaboutnothing has. It is not convenient in the least. The H2O4K9 looks far easier. I'll have to keep my eye out for one :)

Pat Wahler said...

Hello! I hopped over from the Pet Blog Hop. Hope you can visit us over at Critter Alley! I look forward to getting to know you!

Nice review on the water bottle!

Pat
www.critteralley.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love yours. What a fantastic idea! I can't wait to see what you post next.

Alisha said...

Love the advice about hiking. :) Now I want to take my Astro out!!

Post a Comment

Don't be shy. Tell us what you think. We don't bite!